Friday 28 February 2014

Campden Country Market

A quick update on the blog today,  -  Friday morning, and a very rainy day which is such a shame as the past couple of days have been almost 'spring like'! ...

A trip down into Chipping Campden this morning found me at the Country Market which is in the Town Hall every Friday morning from 9 - 11am.  Mainly to catch up with my dear friend Judith from  http://shakespearessisterssoap.com  who creates the most amazing soaps, and balms.

I arrived towards the end of the morning, but still got a feel for the lovely "countryside" atmosphere in the Town Hall, particularly as it had been classed as "Marmalade Morning"! Judith explained - and luckily for late arrivals there were still a few jars to be had, alongside home baked goodies, spring bulbs and lots of other lovely stuff ....


   
Judith's soaps and balms
 
Spring bulbs

Jams & Marmalades














A spokesperson for Campden Country Market told me "there is an obvious quality to these products"  (you know who you are :-) !!)  ... and looking around the room I had to agree!


all that was left of the homebaked goodies!
handmade cards


The reservation enquiries for Crafty Cottage are now coming in most days, and we have taken some great bookings particularly during summer - a big thank you to everyone if you're reading!  I would like to think you would enjoy mooching around the Campden Country Market during your visit to Chipping Campden, and your stay at Crafty Cottage :-)


After visiting the Market I headed around to the cottage to drop a few things off & generally check up on things.  I've recently added a new feature to our kitchen window ...... do you like him :-) ?

 

The cottage always feels so cosy when I pop in, - and I usually have the overwhelming temptation to light the log burner -  put the telly on, pour myself a nice glass of wine & .... move in !

One of my little jobs this morning was to update the visitor information, - there's a selection of leaflets & business cards on the dresser ready for guests to look through.
this morning I added info on Chipping Campden Literature Festival 2014 which is 6th - 11th May 

Crafty Cottage local information
  
.... and if you're wondering,  - (hard to believe I know !!) Crafty Cottage still is available during the Literature Festival !
You might even enjoy yourselves so much you'd want to write a book about it :-)

-S-












No comments:

Post a Comment