Wednesday 21 August 2013

Lights .... Camera ..... Action !

Have been a bit quiet with the blog lately, - to be honest there was a high risk that I was becoming addicted to blogging so I gave myself some time away! however,  since my day out with Trude to Kelmscott last week - things down Sheep Street have been happening!

Appliances have gone into the kitchen,  we now have microwave, oven, hob, washer/drier, dishwasher & fridge !

Fridge - with Paul's priority refreshments!
  

Today my plan was to collect the wall lights and ceiling light for the bedroom -- I was out and about with my camera ready to start blogging again, and capturing all the action going on at the cottage!

Today, after my lovely american guests left Campden with a long drive ahead to Edinburgh I was on a mission!  My first stop was to have a look around for a table for the cottage (of the dining variety),  - this lead me to the nearby town of Evesham and a visit to Pat and Ray's place!

As usual, with all my shopping trips  - I came out of the shop with something that I hadn't been looking for!!  but who could resist the lovely little Arts & Crafts stand that leaped out at me as I was walking through the jungle of antiques & bric a brac:

  
Sold, to the woman with the Camera - addicted to blogging!

Planning with the garden has started this week too,  Paul and I visited Hartwells Timber Yard at nearby Weston Subedge with a view to getting on with the garden area over the weekend hopefully.  



Posts, fencing & a lovely gothic archway to go over the gate was on our shopping list,  the off road parking area is in hand too - but as the kerb has to be lowered we have had to make arrangements with a local licenced company who have promised it will be done before the end of August ...... mmmmnn!



Back at Crafty Cottage today,  Rob (of the Mr Green variety)  has been working hard sanding down the beams to the bedroom ceiling.  - they look great!  and coincidentally I went on from Evesham to Alcester to pick up the ceiling light which will take pride and place between the beams - can't wait to see it in place :-)


On the way home I had to call into the cottage to drop things off,  and see what had been happening today,  -  When I arrived Paul and Rob were busy putting the log burning stove into the fireplace. (Thankfully the elephant had been dislodged!)  and after a lot of puffing and panting ....



We now have a lovely feature Fireplace!  
- available for a small fee to Hello Magazine for exclusives !

Another thing happening this week,  our curtain poles have gone up, - as well as the odd implement, for no other reason but decorative purposes on the walls!



A thicker, stronger rustic style bracket was needed and after much "googling" around I found a wonderful company Nigel Tyas

I had hoped to get a local blacksmith to help me out,  - but eventhough he was friendly enough, - didn't seem too keen!  - I think horseshoes are more his thing :-)



Nigel Tyas were wonderful,  very very helpful - and the brackets were made especially for us, and delivered within a week!

I spent ages wandering around their website and am dropping lots of hints at home of how much I love their fire irons!  ... how many days till christmas :-) !

briefly,  .... other stuff going on:
Website "work in progress"  -  there is now an availability calendar & details of the cottage
but the whole design of the site will change once we have photos.... 

Also,  ordered the bed today!  - super king size 6ft   :-)
and spoke to Cotswold District Council about Council Tax :-(

That's it for today,  - tomorrow my trusty friend Trude is calling around to officially measure up for the curtains!

- this will of course no doubt mean another pub lunch ...  ahhh, it's a hard life! -

Will keep you posted!




Please "LIKE" us on Facebook !
(we only have 13 likes and we need more  :-)  !!!!)

- S -



No comments:

Post a Comment